Friday, May 15, 2015

Total Upgrade!

Just talking with a fantastic friend who recently was married, she described how awesome marriage is, that "it is a total upgrade!  It's so awesome, you can't even imagine it!"

With Greg as the other half of our team, I couldn't dream of it happening in any other way!  It's so amazing how a relationship can open up new ways to see yourself, the world, and give you a willingness to try to go about things differently, or just try new things all together.  One of my favorite things about being in love is the ever-present opportunity of change, of work, of progression, and of forgiveness.  


A few things about Greg:

- I love his smile and his soft, but bright, beautiful eyes
- Greg has dabbled in so many things: bull-riding, archery, lawn care business, soccer coach, wrestling, basketball, volleyball, rock climbing, health coaching, researching, home improvement/remodeling, auto mechanics, cooking, surfing, traveling, fishing, camping, hammocks, slack-lining, etc.  I've been the beneficiary of so many of his talents!
- Greg is a nerd (as stated by his father)
- Greg is stubborn (as stated by his mother)
- You know that Greg likes you if he teases you
- You know that that Greg is upset if he becomes quiet and doesn't give much of a response to you
- Greg likes to analyze and figure things out, no matter what they are...his mind is almost always working on something
- Greg and I have great conversations because our minds are similar: we bounce around random topics and bring them up to each other, but somehow we follow each other's line of thinking...
- If you're one of Greg's friends, you know that he really does have a big heart.....he'll show you in so many different ways
- I'm on the losing end of tickle fights, but that's okay, his hugs and kisses totally make up for it
- Greg likes to make lists to organize his to-do's, his goals, his dreams, his...you name it. 
- According to the color code, Greg is equally red and yellow 
- One of the signs that it was meant to be was when Greg showed me the silverware and silverware holder he had bought a few years back...the design and brand are exactly the same, his was just a cheaper version of mine
- Greg is great at organizing...while I know where things are in my head and have some order to things, Greg actually physically puts them in order and makes my life so much less stressful!
- Traveling with Greg is the best because he makes road trips fly by!
- Greg can't wait to be a doctor and perform surgery....total bonus for me, who, when I'm a mother will probably pass out with the sign of anything more than the typical scratch or bump...
- Greg has fun with kids and he does a great job teaching them!
- Greg is who he is, and he likes to be his own person; I like that he doesn't always follow the trend...
- However, Greg has quite the eye for fashion, and does keep up on those trends...
- Greg will say his prayers in German sometimes.  It's beautiful :)
- Greg loves me for me!  I couldn't dream of anyone else who loves me and supports me the way Greg does...he really cares!

No comments:

Post a Comment